Upcoming eventsTo add a conference, workshop or training school, please send an e-mail to eana-web (at) eana-net.eu.
- 52nd Lunar and Planetary Science Conference (LPSC 2021)
2021-03-15 to 2021-03-19, Online
- VAAM conference 2021
2021-03-18 to 2021-03-19, Online
Be part of the first annual digital VAAM conference, which will be held with the motto "Best of VAAM"!
The conference will start with a highlight session, with a keynote lecture followed by the presentation of the VAAM awards. The symposia of the VAAM specialist groups form the core of the digital conference. The conference will conclude with a general meeting on the afternoon of 19 March.
The Space Microbiology Group will organize a 2-hour symposium entitled: "Enabling spaceflight - how applied space microbiology and bio-/nanotechnology contribute?"
Unfortunately, there will be no poster presentations. However, in addition to an invited keynote speaker, we would like to give young scientists the opportunity to present their work. Digital time opens up completely new possibilities: we will select 6-8 research papers to be presented at the VAAM meeting in an approx. 8-minute video contribution (+ 2 minutes of questions and answers). This gives the PhD students the greatest possible creative freedom to present their project in a (pre-recorded) video format.
We would therefore like to invite all interested young researchers to send a short abstract (150 words) to the head of the section Prof. Dr. Ralf Möller by January 25th, 2021 (ralf.moeller (at) dlr.de). The contributions for the symposium will be selected from these submissions and the authors will be informed accordingly so that there is sufficient time to prepare the video.
Please pass this information on to your doctoral students.
We are very much looking forward to exciting topics and suggestions for this new video format.
With best regards,
Ralf Möller, Elisabeth Grohmann ∧ Kristina Beblo-Vranesevic
- NoRCEL Virtual Conference 2021
2021-03-29 to 2021-03-30, Online
Deadline for abstract submission: 2021-03-12
- XXIII International Symposium on Humans in Space
2021-04-05 to 2021-04-08, Online / Moscow, Russian Federation (hybrid format)
please find below informations about the XXIII International Symposium on Humans in Space. The main focus is on manned space flight, but astrobiology is one of the topics because it is an important driver for robotic and manned space exploration.
Call for Papers
On behalf of the International Academy of Astronautics, the State Space Corporation "Roscosmos", Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the Institute of Biomedical Problems, we inform that the Human in Space Symposium will be held on April 5-8, 2021 in Moscow, Russian Federation in hybrid format (online+offline).
The Symposium will be organized as a set of plenary and technical sessions and panels in the areas listed below:
- 60th Anniversary of the First Human Space Flight
- Medical Support in the Autonomous Flight
- Radiation during Deep Space Exploration: Risk Estimation and Countermeasure
- Interplanetary Missions: Vision of Astronauts/Cosmonauts
- The Problems of Muscle and Bones Maintenance during Long-Term Missions
- Changes in Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Systems as a Risk of Interplanetary Missions
- Neuroscience, New Approaches and Сoncepts for SANS/VIIP Risk Prevention
- Space Psychology and Human Factors in Interplanetary Missions
- Neuroscience Problems in Deep Space Missions
- Exercise and Countermeasures in the Interplanetary Missions, Countermeasure Evaluation
- Women in Space
- SIRIUS project
- Artificial Gravity
- Bedrest, Immersion and Other Models
- Risk of Hypomagnetic environment
- Space Medicine in Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19
- Space Medicine Technologies helping to solve Public Health Purposes
- Transcriptomics and Genomics in Space – Personalized Medicine
- Immunology and Biochemistry for Personalized Medicine
- Food and Nutrition during Deep Space Missions
- Mars Exploration
- Artificial Intelligence, VR, Telemedicine in Interplanetary Missions and on the Earth
- Life Support System and Habitats
- Astrobiology, Space Biology and Space Biotechnology
- Multidisciplinary Studies related with Humans in Space
- Education and Outreach
- Space Technologies helping to solve Public Health Purposes
- Commercial Spaceflight / Space Tourism
Due to the large number of potential participants in the Symposium, the Organizing Committee decided to extend the deadline for accepting abstracts until February 8, 2021.
Abstracts of up to 500 words are invited and must indicate the area of interest, type of presentation (oral or poster), the precise title of the paper, the author's full name and affiliation, and complete contact information including an email address. The language of the conference is English. Abstracts in the areas described above or related to Space Medicine and Biology are accepted electronically through the conference email email@example.com. Please, be sure to designate the topic area your paper addresses (see topics listed above). The deadline for receipt of abstracts is February 8, 2021.
Russia, Moscow, Radisson Blu Slavyanskaya Hotel and Business Centre.
March 23, 2020: Date of first announcement
October 30, 2020: Call for Papers and Opening of Registration
February 8, 2021: Abstract submission deadline
February 15, 2021: Early Bird Registration
April 5-8, 2021: Symposium
For more detailed information, please, visit the conference website.
- EGU General Assembly 2021 (vEGU21: Gather Online)
2021-04-19 to 2021-05-01, Online
Early Registration Deadline: 2021-03-31
- AbGradE: Space Law and Governance
2021-05-07 to 2021-05-07, virtual
Abstract submission deadline: 2021-03-19
Registration deadline: 2021-04-30
- RED '21 astrobiology course
2021-06-20 to 2021-06-26, Le Teich, France
2021-09-02 to 2021-09-03,
- EANA 2021 - Virtual Conference
2021-09-07 to 2021-09-10,
- 9th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology
2021-09-13 to 2021-09-17, GFZ, Potsdam, Germany
- Astrobiology Graduate Conference (AbGradCon) 2021
2021-09-14 to 2021-09-18, Tokyo, Japan
Application Deadline: 2021-03-15
- International Astronautical Congress (IAC 2021)
2021-10-12 to 2021-10-16, Dubai, UAE
In this conference all topics of space research from space life sciences to space exploration are addressed with interesting opportunities for students and young scientists.
Astrobiology in general and the scientific and technical aspects of astrobiological research in space and on Earth will be discussed in different sessions. You will find all details on the IAC 2020 webpages.
We would like to draw your attention especially to session A1.6. Astrobiology and Exploration in the Symposium A1: SPACE LIFE SCIENCES SYMPOSIUM.
- BEACON 2022
2022-04-25 to 2022-04-29, La Palma, Spain
- AbSciCon 2021
2022-05-15 to 2022-05-21, Atlanta, Georgia, US