EANA 2020Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the planned EANA meeting in Bologna will be postponed to another year. Instead, a shortened virtual meeting will be organized to connect the European Astrobiology community, with a vivid and interactive programme for two half days on 27th and 28th August, 2020.
The virtual meeting will consist of selected keynote presentations, a live panel discussion, our well-known Space Factor student contest, as well as poster presentations.
EANA 2020 is organized by the EANA Executive Board (Barbara Cavalazzi, Frances Westall, Tetyana Milojevic, Kai Finster, Ruth-Sophie Taubner, Lena Noack). For any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us via eana-web (at) eana-net.eu.
|9:00-13:00||EANA Council Meeting|
|13:00 - 14:00||Break|
|14:00 - 14:30||Welcoming Words (EANA President)|
|14:30 - 17:30||Space Factor Contest|
|17:30 - 18:30||Keynote Talk|
|18:30 - 19:00||Break|
|19:00 - 20:30||Panel Discussion|
|9:00 - 9:45||Keynote Talk (Habitability & How Analouge are Analouge sites?)|
|9:45 - 11:45||Virtual Poster Session|
|11:45 - 12:30||Keynote Talk (Microbial Life in extreme Environments)|
|12:30 - 12:45||Award Ceremony (+presentation of awarded posters)|
|12:45 - 13:00||Closing Words (EANA President)|
Abstract submissionPlease submit you abstract here: http://www.eana-net.eu/index.php?page=Conferences/abstract
We will have three different presentation types this year:
- selected keynote talks (20-30 min each plus discussion) with pre-recorded, publicly available movies
- about 10 selected early career scientist presentations as part of the Space Factor Student Contest (10 min each), pre-recorded but NOT publicly available (to be streamed live with the registered participants)
- interactive or static PDF poster presentations, accompanied by voluntary 1-min audio recordings to be shown in the private area of the EANA website only accessible to registered participants.
Participation and EANA membershipThere will be no abstract submission or registration fee for virtual EANA 2020. We would, however, like to remind our members that the annual EANA membership fee is also due for this year, which allows access to the EANA newsletter and the internal membership area of EANA, and which can be paid via bank transfer.
- 24 July 2020: Abstract submission deadline for PDF presentations
- 31 July 2020: Information on abstract selection
- 31 July 2020: Registration will open
- 14 August 2020: Upload deadline for final pdf presentation (interactive pdf or static poster)
- 21 August 2020: Upload deadline for invited keynote talks
- 21 August 2020: Registration deadline
Space Factor Student ContestAre you a student or early career scientist? EANA encourages you to apply for the Space Factor student contest! This contest is a great opportunity for you to present your research to the European Astrobiology community and get to know other students in the field. You can find more information about the contest and how to apply here.
AbGradEBesides the Space Factor contest, we would like to point to this year’s AbGradE event, which will also be held online. Virtual AbGradE 2020 will take place on 26th of August, i.e. the day before the EANA meeting. In addition to the possibility to give short contributed talks about their current research, the students will have the opportunity to learn about the international astrobiological community via keynote lectures and a panel discussion.
More information will come soon.