EANA21 Outstanding Paper Award
Selected paperEANA would like to congratulate Alberto G. Fairén for being awarded the EANA21 Outstanding Paper Award. The award was presented during the closing ceremony of the 20th EANA Congress.
Please find the open-access paper here:
The Complex Molecules Detector (CMOLD): A Fluidic-Based Instrument Suite to Search for (Bio)chemical Complexity on Mars and Icy Moons
Alberto G. Fairén, Javier Gómez-Elvira, Carlos Briones, Olga Prieto-Ballesteros, José Antonio Rodríguez-Manfredi, Raquel López Heredero, Tomás Belenguer, Andoni G. Moral, Mercedes Moreno-Paz, and Víctor Parro
Award InformationEANA is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. For that reason, EANA is organizing several special events and activities in 2021. One of these activities will be the EANA outstanding paper award contest. EANA is an organisation that lives through its members and therefore the EANA council board would like to highlight the excellent research performed by the EANA community by awarding the best paper publication in the anniversary year. The paper will be selected from all sent suggestions. Andrè Brack and Barbara Cavalazzi will be leading the jury. An appointed jury will screen the submitted nominations.
EligibilityPapers eligible for the award:
- Contributions published during the period of July 1st, 2020 through June, 30th, 2021.
- At least one of the authors should be an active EANA member (fee paid for the years 2019, 2020, and/or 2021).
- The awardee should present the results at the EANA annual meeting.
- Authors are not member of the awarding jury.
- Just one publication per first author.
NominationProposed articles can be sent in by both the (co-)authors themselves but also by people who were not involved in the study but would like to honour a publication. However, the requirements stated above have to be fulfilled.
Method of SelectionPapers will be judged on the following criteria:
- Selection is based on originality, appropriateness, and accuracy of supporting material, usefulness of the contribution, and clarity of the work.
- The paper contributes to excellence and best practice in astrobiology research.
- The paper is innovative (i.e., break new ground). It shows high levels of creativity, fresh thinking, and innovation in the approach.
How to contributeSend your paper (as PDF-file) to email@example.com and include your full contact information. Include a short statement (max. 250 words), why that certain publication would earn the EANA outstanding paper award 2021.
- Submission is already open
- Submission deadline: July 31st, 2021, 23:59 (CEST)
- The recipients will be notified two weeks before the annual EANA Conference
- The outcome will be presented at the EANA’21 meeting, and the awardee is asked to present his/her work during the award ceremony.
AwardThe award is composed of a certificate and a prize money. The prize money will be handed out to the first author, whereby the certificate will contain the names of all authors and will be send to all of them.
For any question please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org